Tuesday, August 12, 2014

30 Things About Me: What I Would Teach

So one of the "30 Things About Me" questions is: "If you had to teach something, what would you teach?" hmmm.... If you know me, you know that I am not good at public speaking. I can sit behind a desk all day and talk someone's ear off, and I can sing in front of hundreds of people. But if you put me up at the front of a classroom, I get extremely nervous. I find that to be very odd, and I can't quite put a finger on what is so intimidating. But it may be because I really don't like to be the center of attention.

When I was growing up, I was the loner. I was the little girl who was content with having just a couple close friends, spending recess on the swings, and just enjoying the peace and quiet. I've never been the boisterous, "pay attention to me" type of person. So getting up in front of people is intimidating - especially if it's my peers.

That being said if I had to teach, I think I would teach kindergarten. Out of all of the age groups I feel that a Kindergarten classroom would be one in which I would be most comfortable.

Before I worked at the college that I'm at now, I worked in a day care for a short time and I loved it. I worked in the room with 2 and 3 year old's; they kept me on my toes but I loved them! I really enjoyed that they allowed me to see the world through their eyes. I think teaching kindergarten would be the same way. You're in a classroom full of kids who are excited to be at school, who are eager to learn, and want to soak up all that they can. Yep, out of all of the stages of life, I think kindergarten would be the most fun to teach.

Who knows, maybe that's what I'll be when I grow up....lol

What about you? What would you teach, or do you get stage fright like me? Let me know in the comments. :)

Jessy <3





No comments:

Post a Comment