I recently read a book called “The Gospel According to Dr. Seuss” by James Kemp. It is a book that my mom gave me a few years ago and I never got around to reading it until recently. It is a short book, only 90 pages, but it is one that I enjoyed. Kemp, former Pastor, gives his insight into the deeper, Biblical meanings that he found hidden in Dr. Seuss’ books.
The more I read this book the more I realized how many Dr. Seuss books that I HAVEN’T read. Out of the 12 books that he wrote about, I’ve only read 3 of them. That’s not even half!!
So one of my 101 challenges is to read all of Dr. Seuss’ books, I have listed them below. I will be checking them off as I read them. All of books that are already dated I have read before, now onto the rest of them. ;)
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
- And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street - 5/26/12
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck
- The Butter Battle Book
- The Cat in the Hat Songbook
- Daisy-Head Mayzie
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? - 5/26/12
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book
- Gerald McBoing Boing
- Horton Hatches the Egg
- Horton Hears A Who!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas - 5/26/12
- Hunches in Bunches
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! and Other Stories
- I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
- If I Ran the Circus - 5/26/12
- If I Ran the Zoo - 5/26/12
- The King’s Stilts
- The Lorax
- McElligot’s Pool
- My Book About Me
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- On Beyond Zebra!
- Scrambled Eggs Super!
- The Sneetches and Other Stories
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
Bright and Early Books
- The Foot Book - 5/26/12
- Great Day for Up!
- Hooper Humperdink…? Not Him!
- In a People House
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? - 5/26/12
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket
- The Tooth Book - 6/30/12
- Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog?
- The Eye Book
Dr. Seuss Nursery
- All Aboard the Circus McGurkus
- Circus McGurkus 1, 2, 3!
- Dr. Seuss’s Circus McGurkus Squirt!
- Happy Birthday, Baby
- Horton Hears a Who! Can You?
- One Fish, Two Fish, Three, Four, Five Fish
- Up, Up, Up with the Cat
- Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet
- The Cat in the Hat - 5/26/12
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back - 5/26/12
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC - 5/26/12
- Fox in Socks
- Green Eggs and Ham - 5/26/12
- Hop on Pop - 5/26/12
- I Am Not Going To Get Up Today!
- I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- I Wish That I Had Duck Feet
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! - 5/26/12
- Oh, Say Can You Say?
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish - 5/26/12
- Ten Apples Up On Top!
- Wacky Wednesday - 5/26/12
- Please Try to Remember the First of Octember!
~ Jessy <3