Saturday, May 26, 2012

What? You haven't read that Dr. Seuss book?!


I recently read a book called “The Gospel According to Dr. Seuss” by James Kemp. It is a book that my mom gave me a few years ago and I never got around to reading it until recently. It is a short book, only 90 pages, but it is one that I enjoyed. Kemp, former Pastor, gives his insight into the deeper, Biblical meanings that he found hidden in Dr. Seuss’ books.
The more I read this book the more I realized how many Dr. Seuss books that I HAVEN’T read. Out of the 12 books that he wrote about, I’ve only read 3 of them. That’s not even half!!
So one of my 101 challenges is to read all of Dr. Seuss’ books, I have listed them below. I will be checking them off as I read them. All of books that are already dated I have read before, now onto the rest of them. ;)

 

Theodor Geisel wrote over 60 children's books during his life. He used the pen name Dr. Seuss for all of the books that he both wrote and illustrated. The pen name Theo LeSieg (his last name spelled backwards) was used for books he wrote but others illustrated. Full list of all books written by Dr. Seuss.

Classic Seuss
  • The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
  • And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street - 5/26/12
  • Bartholomew and the Oobleck
  • The Butter Battle Book
  • The Cat in the Hat Songbook
  • Daisy-Head Mayzie
  • Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? - 5/26/12
  • Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book
  • Gerald McBoing Boing
  • Horton Hatches the Egg
  • Horton Hears A Who!
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas - 5/26/12
  • Hunches in Bunches
  • I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! and Other Stories
  • I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
  • If I Ran the Circus - 5/26/12
  • If I Ran the Zoo - 5/26/12
  • The King’s Stilts
  • The Lorax
  • McElligot’s Pool
  • My Book About Me
  • Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
  • On Beyond Zebra!
  • Scrambled Eggs Super!
  • The Sneetches and Other Stories
  • Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose
  • Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories

Bright and Early Books
  • The Foot Book - 5/26/12
  • Great Day for Up!
  • Hooper Humperdink…? Not Him!
  • In a People House
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? - 5/26/12
  • The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • There’s a Wocket in My Pocket
  • The Tooth Book - 6/30/12
  • Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog?
  • The Eye Book

Dr. Seuss Nursery
  • All Aboard the Circus McGurkus
  • Circus McGurkus 1, 2, 3!
  • Dr. Seuss’s Circus McGurkus Squirt!
  • Happy Birthday, Baby
  • Horton Hears a Who! Can You?
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Three, Four, Five Fish
  • Up, Up, Up with the Cat
  • Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet

Beginner Books
  • The Cat in the Hat - 5/26/12
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back - 5/26/12
  • Dr. Seuss’s ABC - 5/26/12
  • Fox in Socks
  • Green Eggs and Ham - 5/26/12
  • Hop on Pop - 5/26/12
  • I Am Not Going To Get Up Today!
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • I Wish That I Had Duck Feet
  • Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! - 5/26/12
  • Oh, Say Can You Say?
  • One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish - 5/26/12
  • Ten Apples Up On Top!
  • Wacky Wednesday - 5/26/12
  • Please Try to Remember the First of Octember!
How many of these books have you read? I'd love to know! :)

~ Jessy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment