Monday, February 27, 2017

The Tiny Untruth







I stole this picture from one of my friends blogs because it spoke to my heart. I have a hard time with trying to be "perfect." Deep down I know that will never, ever happen - because no one is perfect. But learning to live with imperfections is a hard thing for me to do. I want everyone to believe that I have it all together, and that everything in my life is storybook perfect . Truth is - I don't have it all together, and my life isn't a fairy tale. I just have to come to terms with that, and stop telling (or trying to convince) myself that it's true.

In my yoga class I was encouraged to reflect on the word, Satya. Satya is the Sanskrit word for truth. The concept of truthfulness in this sense is to not only be truthful in speech and action, but also in thought. This part of the concept was lost on me, until I really focused on it. I have come to realize that is possible to be untruthful with myself. The tiny untruth is found in those times when I try to convince myself that everything is fine - even when I know it's not.

The good thing is that realization is the first step to change. I plan to seek the truth in all aspects of my life, and encourage you to speak only truth to yourself as well.

What tiny untruths do you tell yourself?

1 comment: