Thursday, December 22, 2011

Quizzical Questions: Christmas edition ;)

Ok, so it's not my typical Quizzical Question post but I'd say it's prolly more fun ;) I saw this on a couple blogs and wanted to fill it out too!! :)
 

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? 
I like both. But I seem to be drinking more cocoa this year - atm I am drinking Stephen's Candycane cocoa...mmmmm

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? 
Santa definitely wraps it all! I love wrapped presents, what's the fun in ones just sitting there?!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  
Definitely, colored lights! White just seems to be really boring to me. 

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  
I didn't this year. In our other apartment we had some that just hung there all year (fake mistletoe obviously) but we haven't gotten any since we moved.  

5. When do you put your decorations up?  
Right after Thanksgiving, except this year I think my hubby actually decorated the week of Thanksgiving 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
hmmmm, I like it all!! But I think dessert always wins. Pumpkin pie...mmmmm 

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? 
Going to see Christmas lights, Salt Lake City has some fun neighborhoods for going to see lights. 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 
I don't remember, not at all...lol It's been too long..  

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
Yes we do! Except this year, I decided that since we open presents at midnight on Christmas eve, there is no sense in opening one on Christmas eve just to open the rest of them a few hours later at midnight. So I figured we'd open one at midnight the day before Christmas eve. Which would tomorrow night...except in my excitement I thought that night was tonight... Oops! So we've already opened our Christmas Eve gift...at least my hubby has promised to stop bugging me about opening gifts...lol We'll see if that lasts ;) lol

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lots of colored lights, a bunch of ornaments and candy canes.
 

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? 
Snow?! What is this snow that you speak of?! In AZ we don't get snow...at least not where I live. So I actually miss the snow. I never thought I would say that...lol

12. Can you ice skate?
I... caaann... it's been a very loooong time since I have ice skated, or skated period. But I'm sure I still can, if not as long as I don't break anything, I think I'll be okay.
 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? 
I've had plenty of amazing gifts. My friends and family always know just what to get me. :)

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family and participating in traditions. It makes me so happy.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My typical answer would be pumpkin pie...but this year I tried pecan pie for the first time and I must say, it is a very close 2nd!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Hmmmm, I love all of the traditions. I think I am growing found of our latest tradition, which is opening presents at midnight. For night owls like us staying up and opening presents late is preferred to getting up early to open them. I know once we have kids that will change...of course maybe mom and dad will still have their Christmas at midnight. ;)
 

17. What tops your tree?
We have one of those pretty glittery stars, but my hubby puts some of the lights in the points of the star to make it shine. :) 

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I LOVE giving. I am really super excited for Christmas this year, not because of what I could get but because I can't wait for my hubby to get what I got him. :)

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? 
mmmmm candy canes.... /homer drool

20. Favorite Christmas show?
O man, too many to name!! Charlie Brown is definitely one of my favs. This year I am really wishing that my movie collection was bigger or that we at least had a video store to go rent movies from... Has anyone else noticed that they are all slowing going out of business?!
 

21. Saddest Christmas song? 
Christmas Shoes definitely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34  

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
I have a whole list of favorite songs...want a copy of my mix tape?! LOL Everything from "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas to I want an Alien for Christmas. You name it, more than likely, I love it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment