Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Official....

I am a college student, Again...lol I have been a college student for 4 semesters now. And none of those semesters have been consecutive. lol The funny (or sad) thing is that I work for a college and get free tuition - you would think that I would have a degree by now. But no, I am your typical college student. I don't know my student ID number and I have NO clue what I want to be when I grow up. LOL

Honestly, I am really happy where I am at in my career right now. I have worked my way up from being a receptionist to being more of an office coordinator. (aka Go to girl/Secret Weapon) I have had help, believe me but the truth is, I love what I do. So part of me is just comfortable right where I am and doesn't see the point of pursuing a degree.

It is that part of me that is very grateful for people who encourage me to get off my butt and go back to school. And I love the fact that one of those people is one of my co-workers. We were talking about classes today and I was telling her "O yeah I have a humanities, and a communication and a science class..." and she wanted to map me to a degree. lol Just having 4 classes is a far cry from having a degree but a little nudge in the right direction is all you need sometimes.

The other part of me that wants a degree, wants to have one by the time I am 30. *big sigh*... I've got 2 years, guess I'd better get crackin'!!

So, in the Spring I will be taking English. I may take another class too since my evenings will be really free. My hubby is also taking classes in the Spring and they are all evening classes. At least my hubby knows what he wants to go for and is going after it!! (He's going into culinary btw) Maybe by the time I have my general education courses done, I will have figured out exactly what to major in. One can only hope... lol




3 comments:

  1. How come I did not know this?! LOL Yay for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get your nursing degree! Thats what I wish I would have gone to school for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I say be a professional student! Learning is life!

    ReplyDelete