Saturday, December 13, 2014

Random Christmas Thoughts

I feel like blogging today, but I don't really have anything specific to say - so if you don't mind listening to me jabber, we'll all find out what I have on my mind together.

I guess the main thing that I have on my mind right now is Christmas - I think it's on everyone's mind. Andy and I did a bunch of Christmas shopping yesterday, and it was the first time in the 10 years that we've been married where we were able to afford to buy presents for all of our nieces and nephews (there are a LOT of them). It felt really good to be able to shop for those kids. I love shopping for kids. We probably spent way too much money, but Christmas only comes around once a year.

I have also been thinking about my 101 in 1001 list more often lately. My 1001 days is up in February and I don't feel like I've accomplished much on my list. I haven't even done any of the cleaning projects...talk about lazy and procrastination. LOL One of the things on my list was to do the 12 days of Christmas for someone. That probably isn't going to happen, but I was able to buy some items for a family in need. Our department at work is sponsoring a family of 6 so I went and bought some of the items that were on their list. Again, I spent more than I planned to, but you know what? They need it more than I do.



Christmas time is always really hard for me because I live so far away from my family. My mom, my brother, and I are spread across the states, and I miss them - especially at Christmas. We were always very close, so spending the holidays apart is hard on me. I know it's hard on my mom too. If only we lived in a world where teleportation and time travel were possible. I would never be home. LOL

Once my house is completely decorated I plan on taking pics and sharing them with you. (So there's something for you to look forward to...) But my house is not "finished" yet. LOL Hopefully, I'll finish decorating, and wrapping presents today. :)

Well, I could probably keep jabbering for a little while longer, there is always school to talk about, but I'll leave you with my thoughts about Christmas. :)

Your Long-winded Writer,
Jessy <3

1 comment:

  1. Buying gifts for others always makes my heart HaPpY! I'm glad you are finding joy in that this year, too!

    ReplyDelete