Monday, December 15, 2014

30 Things About Me: 10 Biggest Pet Peeves

I have been thinking up some of my pet peeves for a while now. Due to that these are in no particular order, just jotted them down as I thought of them. *Warning* I rant in this post, sorry. LOL

1. "Share This or Die" Photos/Stories on Facebook
You know the pics that I'm talking about, they are usually heartfelt stories that end with something like "now share this picture/story or you'll die." Okay, I'm being overly dramatic. But seriously, can't we just share something to share it and not have some ultimatum or threat hanging at the end? I saw one that set me off and it said "Share this in 2 seconds if you love your mother" All I could think was "REally?!?!" I didn't share it which obviously in someone's head means that I must hate my mother. Guess what? I don't hate my mother, I love her so very, very much and I don't have to share a picture in order to prove that.

2. "Horrible" Facebook posts
Okay so it seems that some of my pet peeves have something to do with Facebook Posts. If only all of my friends weren't on there, still I may need a break from Facebook. This pet peeve is the people who post Horrible stories on Facebook. Stories of abuse, cops beating people, neglected children/pets, etc... Little fact about me, I Never watch the news. You know why? Because all they do is give you weather reports and tell people all of these horrible stories. There may be an uplifting story once every 3 months or so. So guess what, I don't need/want to see this crap on my Facebook news feed either.

3. People that don't enunciate or talk too fast when leaving voice-mails
Dear people who call me,
If you want me to call you back, please be sure to say your name Clearly, and slow down when saying your phone number. I really don't like listening to your message 8 million times because I'm trying to make out what you're saying.
Sincerely,
Annoyed Voice-mail Listener

4. 8 Words...
"When are you going to have a baby?" This question annoys me beyond compare. Yes, the topic of kids is a very sensitive subject for me because we have been trying (and failing) for years. But myself aside, the "when are you" life questions are the worst. Just because someone doesn't have kids, or isn't married doesn't mean that they don't have those wants or desires. On the contrary, those are usually the things that someone constantly hopes and prays for. And let me tell ya, having someone constantly asking "when are you [fill in the blank]" is aggravating and emotionally draining. Everyone's journey is different, so stop asking. Just love those around you and don't be pushy; it will happen when it happens.

5.  This...nuff said. 

6. Annoying Employee Emails
Dear Annoying Co-worker,
Please stop spamming my inbox with crap emails. I don't care about your politics, I'm not one of your students so you don't need to send me crap about your classes. And for heavens' sake STOP using all caps!!! >.< You seriously tick me off and are lucky that I don't lash out.
Sincerely,
Your co-worker who's losing their patience
P.S. Pet Peeve #5 is about you too 

7. Fake "Friends" 
You know the type, they are the friends that only say "Hi" to you in passing and only when they feel like it. I can think of a few people that say "Hi, how are you? We should do lunch sometime" and then you never hear from them again. Now I know this happens with sincere friends too but there is a difference between the two conversations. It's a difference that I can't quite put a finger on but you know what I mean.

8. Being Placed on Hold
I don't what is more annoying, the music that is played, the recordings that come on to tell you that someone will be with you. Or the fact that the music always starts back at the beginning after the recording is played.

9. Being Called "Ma'am"
I know that some people are raised to say "Yes Ma'am" or "Yes, Sir." But all this does is make me feel old. Please don't call me Ma'am. lol

10. Being Called Jennifer
I honestly don't know why this wasn't the first thing that I thought of...lol And you'd think that it doesn't happen often, I mean Jessica and Jennifer aren't really spelled the same. But it happens ALL the time! I have students that I have known for years, and they still call me Jennifer. lol

This post has been months in the making...if you made it to the end of my rants I applaud you! You are a true friend and must really love me - or at least love my blog. LOL

Jessy <3

1 comment:

  1. All, except for #10, are my pet peeves, too! #9 doesn't bother me now that I am 50, but it sure did when I was 30!
    You did not fall far from this mother tree!
    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete