Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!! Today marks the end of our Music Advent so I have two songs that I want to share because they both have different messages that I want you to remember today. The first song is Hallelujah (Light Has Come) by Barlow Girl. I know this week some of the Christmas songs haven't really been "classic" Christmas carols but I wanted everyone to remember the meaning of Christmas. Sunday I talked about Christ being a gift to us, today is the day to celebrate and remember that God gave us His only Son to show His love; I can't imagine that kind of love. That is the ultimate act of selflessness. Parents, could you imagine giving your only child away to someone who needed them? I can't and I'm not even a parent. This song is sung as though it is Mary singing about Christs' birth. She is in awe of this little baby and she is praising God that He allowed Christ to come down and save us. Such a beautiful song, keep it in mind today as you celebrate with your loved ones.


The second song that I would like to share is Where Are You Christmas? I think this is a good song to end our advent. I just heard this arrangement a few days ago and fell in love with it. I like instrumental music but I think the little girl at the end adds so much to the song. I almost cried the first time I heard it, just sayin'. The message that I want you to gain from this song is that the joy and peace of Christmas doesn't have to come just once a year. Keep your heart and mind open with thoughts of love and joy, and you can have that Christmas feeling all year round.


 
Where Are You Christmas w/ lyrics 

I know that life is hard and it's difficult to keep those thoughts of love and joy all year. So just remember that there is someone out there who loves you so much that He gave you His son. It is that love that should drive your year. Show compassion to those around you, think of others before yourself, and you will receive blessings that you never thought possible. 
  
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:7-9


Merry Christmas and God bless, 
Jessy <3

1 comment: