Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Day of Silence

Today is the blogger day of silence for the victims of Newtown so I will only post once but I have a song that I want to share. I had a different song picked out for today's Music Advent Calendar, but this one seemed more fitting for a day of silence. Casting Crowns takes a classic song and makes it truly beautiful.

Peace on Earth is something that we strive for but like recent events prove, the Earth may never attain real peace. This song says, "There is no peace on earth...For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men."

Even though there may be no peace on Earth this song also holds a promise that says, "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep. The wrong shall fail, the right prevail with peace on earth, good will to men." Only God is strong enough to give the peace that passes all understanding. I don't know why such horrendous things happen but one thing is for sure, God always uses everything for good. Even in the darkest hour, He gives us a glimmer of hope and love.

Today I pray for the people of Newtown, I pray that God will give peace to those families that are without their children this Christmas. My prayer is that God will take this horrible situation and use it for good and my hope for you is that you will remember what Christmas is really about. Put the Christ back in Christmas this year; hold your family tighter, show love to others, and open your heart and mind to what God has to show you.



 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27


With Love, 
Jessy <3 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment