Wednesday, October 12, 2011

O How Pinteresting!! 10/12/11


google
Pinteresting Wednesdays actually stems from The Vintage Apple blog. The image above links to that blog. Check it out!




Here are some of my favorite pins from this week.

I am so proud of myself for two weeks in a row I have actually made something that I found on Pinterest!! YAY the time is Not Totally wasted! *giggle* We had some friends over on Sunday, my hubby made his yummy shredded pork street tacos and we decided to pair it with a Mexican'ish dessert, Sopapilla Cheesecake. mmmmm They were really easy and really, really yummy!

Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe


As we all heard, Steve Jobs, Co-founder of Apple, died this week. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't even know that he had cancer. So it was a real shock to me. After his passing, there was a video running around Facebook that was his Commencement Address at Stanford in 2005. The first time I saw the video in my News Feed I thought "Commencement Address?! I don't want to watch this" and then I saw it pop up again and decided to watch it. lol I clicked on it and noticed it was 15 minutes long!! I thought "Ugh." But I watched it and now, I would recommend the video to everyone! Steve lived a very interesting life and he gave a lot of wisdom in that address. Click HERE for the video. Trust me, it is worth the 15 minutes.

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life."- Steve Jobs



This week, I found quite a few pins that were kid related. I don't have kids yet but I pinned them so I could remember them for later.

First was the "Time-Out" jar. The idea is when your child is being unruly shake the jar and have them sit and watch it until the glitter settles. The solution is thick so it takes about 5 mins for the glitter to settle. In theory it works, I'll have to test it someday. :)

Time Out Jar Instructions


Next was the Remedy website. 7 Home Remedies for different ailments. She had some really good, natural ideas for things from ear infections to teething.


Home Remedy Blog Post


DIY Febreeze


Last was an Idea for "Monster Spray". I thought what a simple idea to get rid of the bad monsters plus leave a soothing smell in the child's room while they go to sleep. A while ago I found a DIY for Febreeze on Pinterest which might be perfect for this "Monster Spray". :)







I found so many funny things on Pinterest this week, I have to share a few that made me crack up laughing!!! The first two you can click to enlarge. :)





I thought the last one was particularly hilarious because someone had also added "And the pins putting -into- little groups thing" as the description of the Pin...LMAO





And last I wanted to end with a little bit of Wednesday Wisdom. Remember that "Hope is the little voice you hear whisper 'maybe' when it seems the entire world is shouting 'No!'".






I hope you enjoyed my Pinterest finds for the week! If you have a Pinterest account and would like to follow me you can click HERE to see my profile. If you have a Pinterest account and a blog I encourage you to start your own Pinteresting Wednesday. Just visit The Vintage Apple to get your "Pinteresting" image, and start your own weekly post! I'd love to see your finds too! :)



Disclaimer: Pinterest is very addicting please join at your own risk. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Great pins! I like the time out jar though I'm not sure if it will work. I might try it with Abby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I said "in theory" it works, you may want to find a plastic clear jar tho..lol

    ReplyDelete