Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wow Time Flies....

I really can not believe just how fast time flies. It feels like I moved to Arizona just a few years ago when in reality it's been 10 years! That's right, I moved to Arizona July 4th 2001. It was just a few months after that when our Nation watched in horror as planes crashed and the Towers fell. I, along with the rest of the country, was literally glued to the TV for days. I sat in horror as I watched all of the events of that fateful day unfold.

In the days that followed September 11, 2001 I remember listening to the news casters as they kept tallying up the people missing and the ones that had been found. It breaks my heart to think of all of those people who lost their lives and their loved ones who were left behind. It was just a normal work day that started and ended in tragedy. The more I think about it, the more I realize just how short life is and how much that we should live everyday to the fullest. Because you never know which one will be your last.

I am not a political person. I am a republican, I don't believe in abortions, I do believe that there is one true God who loves each and every person on this whole planet. I don't believe that this world and universe just evolved from the dust. I'm not afraid to say it, but I am not one to pushy either. I accept the fact that other people believe other things. And trust me lots of people do believe very different things.

I love the Country that I live in. I love the fact that I can believe what I want to believe and no one is there waiting to judge me for it. What amazes me the most about our country, is the fact that no matter what each person believes we ALL believe and stand for one thing and that is our Freedom and the Justice that comes with that Freedom.

After September 11, it amazed me how much everyone set aside their differences and worked together to make sure that everyone was taken care of. It didn't matter what the color of your skin was, or what political party you were, or if you were straight or gay, you were taken care of. O how I wish that we could always act like that. This nation would be so different if everyone just set aside their differences and saw people for what they really are, people.

So today as the whole nation remembers and reflects on the events of that tragic day 10 years ago, I hope that everyone can set aside their differences and know that none of our differences really matter. We are all just people and in the end we all really want the same goals. We all want freedom, we all want justice and we all just want to be able to live happy lives. Everyone deserves to loved and to be listened to. I hope that someone takes the time to love you and listen to you today.




No comments:

Post a Comment