Saturday, January 4, 2014

RIP To My 20-Something Years

My mom reminded me that today is my last day to be a 20-something because I turn 30 tomorrow. I know that tomorrow morning I'll wake up and won't feel any different but for some reason turning 30 is messing with my head. Not quite sure why, but it is.

Maybe it's because I thought that I would've done more or done certain things by the time I was 30. I guess that's why my resolution for this year is to accomplish more of my life goals, one at a time. As I look back over the past 10 years I wonder what happened to all that time? It feels like it flew by but yet it also feels like I turned 20 like a decade ago... LOL ;) Ok, ok...I know that was corny. Truth is sometimes it feels like it was a lifetime ago. lol




Overall the past 10 years have been great! Sure, there were ups and downs cuz that's just life. But I got married, found a job that I love, made lots of new friends and reconnected with some "old" ones. I became an aunt. I've moved 4 times and you would think I'd have less stuff by now but no, I don't. I lost my dad to cancer but gained a second one and have been blessed by knowing both. I know I could list off a bunch of other things because even the seemingly "small" things make up something in your life. However my brain is not co-operating at the moment. lol

So as I bid goodbye my 20's I raise a glass to the next 10 years. I can't wait to see what's in store! :)


Love,
Jessy <3


P.S. Look at the card my mommy sent me! I love it and the sentiment on the inside was very sweet. Oh and you see that adorable little baby?! That would be me :D ...almost 30 years ago. lol






1 comment:

  1. You are wonderful at any age! Enjoy each moment in life, they are what life is made of! XOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete